ENROLLMENT BEGINS THE FIRST MONDAY IN FEBRUARY FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
2016-2017 School Year
We are currently at capacity for the 4 year old prekindergarten program. If your child has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) please contact Sandy Harral at 402-331-4700. Otherwise, if you would like to be added to the wait list please contact Kathy Corliss at 402-331-4700.
- Space is limited, we recommend applying early.
- Review the 4 Year Pre-Kindergarten Information Packet (in English and Spanish) for information regarding the steps to enroll your child and the items needed to enroll your child(ren).
- Complete Online Enrollment at: https://enrollment.esu3.org.
- Take documents for enrollment into the Central Office located at 8545 Park Drive, Omaha, Nebraska 68127. The secretary, Kathy Corliss, will assist you with processing the paperwork.
- The Registrar will contact you once your information and documents are processed to schedule a screener. The first screening date will be in March.
- An Approval letter that includes building placement will be sent out through USPS mail at the end of April/beginning of May.
- If you need access to a computer, each school and the Administrative Office will have a computer available.
Is my child eligible for the 2017-2018 school year?
The child must reside in the Ralston Public Schools attendance area.
If your child turns 4 on or between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017 your child is pre-kindergarten eligible.
Your child’s birthdate must be between August 1, 2012 and July 31, 2013 for pre-kindergarten.
Out of district students are not eligible for the pre-kindergarten program.
What immunizations are required for enrollment?
Nebraska School Law requires that all students be immunized against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, poliomyelitis, measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B, and varicella prior to enrollment. Nebraska School Law dictates that your child will not be able to enroll unless dates of immunizations are provided to the school at the time of enrollment. Affidavits for religious or medical reasons are available at the school office.
Immunization Summary 2015-2016
Immunization Summary 2015-2016-Spanish
Please check with your child’s physician or contact the Douglas County Health Department for information on available immunization clinics at 402-444-7213 or contact the school nurse if you have questions regarding the law and/or need assistance in getting your child’s immunizations.
How do I submit if I have a building preference?
If you have a preference of which building your child attends, you will note this on the Building Placement Form at the time of the screener. On this form you will indicate your top three building preferences.