Parts of Speech You Should Know:
- Noun- a person, place, or thing
- Pronoun - takes the place of a noun
- Adjective - describes or limits a noun or pronoun
- Verb - shows action or being
- Adverb - modifies a verb, an adjective, or another adverb
- Conjunction - links words, phrases, and clauses
- Article - limits a noun (a, an, the)
- Interjection - a word that shows extreme emotion
- Preposition - indicates the temporal, spatial or logical relationship of its object to the rest of the sentence (begins prepositional phrase)
about around by in through
Sentence Analysis Steps:
above at down near to
across before during on toward
after behind except off under
against beside for on up
among between from over with
- Underline simple subject once, simple predicate twice.
- Divide complete subject and complete predicate.
- Mark off prepositional phrases.
- Complete Word, Kind, and Use chart for every word in the sentence.