Located on the south-central edge of the Omaha metropolitan area, the Ralston School District includes the city of Ralston and parts of southwest suburban Omaha. The district serves between 3,000 and 3,200 students every year in six elementary buildings, one middle school, one high school, and one senior high alternative center.
Ralston employs 271 full-time teachers and maintains a teacher-to-student ratio of approximately 22 to 1. 82% of our teachers have earned college credits beyond their Bachelor’s degree, while 61 % of our teachers hold at least one Master’s degree. Our teaching staff consists of a combination of new and veteran educators who have an average of 10 years of experience in the district.
All schools within our district are accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education and AdvancED. We have clearly defined outcomes for student achievement, a comprehensive plan for training our staff in new instructional approaches, and a rigorous assessment system that is easy for parents to understand. For more information about the accreditation process or the district’s school improvement plan, click here.
Our Educational Purpose
A community dedicated to achieving excellence through purposeful instruction and
nurturing a climate of hope.
Our District’s Vision
Cultivating resilient citizens prepared for the diverse demands of the future.
The Ralston Public Schools Believe...
• The educational process is a partnership involving the school, the family, the student, and the community
• Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the process
• All students can learn
• Students learn best when schools maintain high expectations for learning
• The foremost responsibility of any educational organization is the student
• The essence of education is the ability to develop lifelong learners to deal responsibly with choice in a changing world
Ralston Public Schools Fact Sheet